Search This Blog

Sunday, November 29, 2009

He created a living out of two little numbers!

He built a business out of zero's and one's?  (Hint, hint - the binary system added to a bunch of electronics.)  And he loved every minute of it!

Do what you love and you will never work a day in your life. We hear it everywhere! But every day I hear people mock that saying, or if not mock it, they simply find a dozen excuses about why is absolutely impossible.


It's almost like they enjoy denying themselves happiness.  They insist on believing life has to be hard. Nothing is further from the truth.  We make life hard by not listening to our inner spirit, honouring our talents and finding our purpose in life.

I have been lucky all my life to believe that I can do anything - and support myself and my family doing so.  Somewhere, somehow, I really believed it to my core - and my life is much a reflection of this belief. 


Some would laugh at the things I have done to make money;
owned and operated a sheep and cash crop farm, did custom sewing and home decor sewing, sold sewing machines and knitting machines, sang in a band and as a soloist in churches, worked as a lifeguard, worked as a police officer, opened a professional organizing business, was a ski instructor, wrote two books and mad money on them, spoke as a keynote, wrote for a  newspaper, coached business owners and created a business unlike any other that ever existed like it and made money at it when everyone else said 'you can't run a business like that - who would buy your products?".


These are only a few of the things that I have done to pay the bills. And I can honestly say, that I have never been bored a day in my life.  I have always done what I loved to do until it became a job - and then I made the changes I needed to make to either enjoy the job again or move on to something else.

Are you doing what you love to do?  If not, why not? Can we create money out of thin air doing what we love?  The answer is of course yes.   

To do so,  it takes a bit of creativity and recognition of what your talents are, what your purpose on earth here is.  When you understand and combine the two, using them in unison, you can do anything you want.


Think of the jobs that exist out there that someone at one time said "you can't do that".  Sky-diving instructor.  Copywriter.  Home stager or ReDesigner.  Reiki Master.  Elder care representative.  All of these businesses did not exist 30 years ago.  In each case, someone decided that they could do what they love and make money doing it.  And they set out to create the life that they loved, creating a valuable business as a result - that others went out and duplicated!

Think about it.  Can we invent our own business, and do what we love?  Ask Bill Gates.  Some would say he was lucky.  I say he was smart.  He found his talent and added passion to it - and voila - he created something out of thin air -  using only zero's and one's, some wire and other electronic components - and look where it took him!

We can create the business that we love.  And we can enjoy doing it.  And when we no longer find joy in what we are doing it is time to move on and do something else that we love.  More than ever, I love what I do.  And more and more I am eliminating even the little things that I do not like doing.
I wonder what I will be doing ten years from now!  (Anyone care to guess?)  One thing is certain, I will be loving it!

Want to do what you love?  Are you searching for your passion and talents and wanting to build a life around it?  Mandie Crawford is  success coach and can help you find your path to happiness and success!  More information here.


No comments: