Search This Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bubble gum before 7 am can make your day a little brighter!

People have often asked me how I can jump out of bed and race to work every day. It is because I have these great little rituals that I do that make me smile! Most days I get up by 5:00 a.m and get ready, have a scrambled egg and pour coffee into my favorite pink coffee thermos and jump into my 'Roaring Van' and head to the office. I am in the office and firing up the computer by 6:20 a.m. at the latest. My little routine revolves around my cute pink thermos. I love it. It makes me feel pretty and successful. I usually only have one coffee a day, but it is always from my pink thermos! It is my morning comfort. All the way to work I go to that special place in my mind where I have created my destination. I re-create my living space, my office, my day and even add a limousine arriving at my door to pick me up. In other words, I spend 20 minutes creating my future - visually. That alone puts me in a great mood. When I arrive at the office, I am usually the first one here. I like coming in first because I get to set the tone for my day before anyone else gets here. I unlock the door, hang up my coat and head straight to the bubble gum machine I have on my desk! Then I decide which colour of double bubble I want that day and then with a look over my shoulder to make sure no one sees, I CHEAT and open the top of the machine and take the colour I want for the day. Then I dive into my work blowing bubbles and tapping my foot to the music on K-lite FM that I have streaming in on my computer and listen to Peter Jaycock's morning show! This whole routing makes me feel like a kid again! I have used my favorite cup, and gone out in the dark! Then I dared to sneak a bubble gum - all before 7 am! These goofy rituals brings some silly excitement to my day!
HOW CAN MY DAY GET ANY BETTER?
Success begins on the inside - just like happiness does.

No comments: